Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Where To Start?

Where do I start?  Do I back fill with some golden oldies from my collection; in order to generate posts?  Do I start from scratch; and come up with an original new project for the kick off of this blog?   I think neither.  First thing I'll do is take an accounting of what all I have on the work bench at the moment and share the results.  This "On The Work Bench" is going to be a regular feature here and over at "Welcome To Lazarus"; my a fore mentioned Zombie gaming blog.  It, along with some of the content will get cross posted.  Hey, 2 for the price of one on the amount of work I have to do!  How great is that?

The workbench in the Hobby Cave.  It's actually much better lit than the pic suggests.
If anything, this running dialog will keep me on track and help me prioritize what I need to get done.  Your input is more than welcome, and you never know.  Maybe if there is enough hue and cry, an item will get bumped to the top of the list, just to placate the masses.

On the Workbench for November 2011:
(This is all stuff that is partially finished; in no particular order)
15mm Armor - USMC LAV-25 and a US Army M2 Bradley
30 28mm Zombies - Mantic Zombie Regiment Box
20 28mm Zombies - Wargames Factory Plastic Zombies
6 28mm Survivors - Obelisck Nighthawk gang
2 "Clicky" Zombies - Ongoing conversions
6 28mm Vampires - Pontoonier Wierd West vampires for Two Hour Wargames.  Unfinished commission work that needs to be done ASAP, as I've really let Ed down on this.  I have a feeling that I am just going to finish the project gratis
12 28mm Survivors - Atcheson Designs ATZ figs.  I will be doing an in depth review and size comparison on them
28mm Post Apoc gang - More survivors to battle in the rubble.
28mm Post Apoc Ruins Project - Ruins made from Gamecraft's Foamcore 6 story building.  This one is half done.
10mm Ruins Project - Foamcore ruins for a BTech style game using Mechwarrior figs; another half finished project.
28mm River Barge - Post Apoc watercraft
28mm Vehicles - 6-8 vehicles for my survivors
15mm Suburbia - Paper/foamcore houses for suburban Lazarus.
10 15mm Survivors - Figs from a company called "The Scene".  I have 5 Survivors and 5 Government types in the works.
50 20mm WWII Russians - Minis for a semi defunct NUTS! East Front project I planned
2 T-34/85s - Same As Above
Various Fantasy/Sci Fi minis - I have a box of old minis I use to try out techniques and hone my skills.  I have quite a few half painted figs that I'd like to finish


October's Finished Projects/Minis 
 (I will be posting these up through out November, as I get photos and such)

6 28mm Survivors - Look for them next Friday!
2 28mm Aztec Vampire Maidens - Part of my sidetracked Weird West commission for THW
1 Steam-powered Armored Suit - "Clicky" rebase and paint for Post Apoc gaming
90 15mm Rebel Minis (Zeds and Survivors) - Commission job for Scale Creep; looking forward to seeing what Mark does with them.  It'll be a hoot.
5 28mm Ruins - Part of my Post Apoc Ruins project

No comments:

Post a Comment