Thursday, December 15, 2011

TEOTWAWKI - My PA Project Gets A Hard Reboot.

I made the "mistake" of ordering some Post-Apoc figures from a company called Lead Adventure Miniatures.  I say it was a mistake, because when they arrived, and I was gob-smacked by how good they are.  They are so good that I decided to reboot my PA project, and build a new one around LAM's "The Last Project" minis.


The back ground will be reworked, giving it a much grittier, hard bitten flavor. The world will be much more devastated than what I envisioned in its predecessor.  Life will be harder and a lot cheaper.

The up side of all this is that there will be a lot less I will need to build.  All I need now is:

  1. 4' x 6' mat of some sort
  2. Enough ruined buildings to cover said 4' x 6' mat
  3. Bits and bobs to fill empty space between ruins
  4. 4 to 5 factions, with the possibility of more.
  5. 4 to 8 vehicles
The good news is that some of the stuff I have already will work in the new setting; the Salvage Crew and some ruins I am building.  Also, good news for other PA enthusiasts is that I will be selling some of the finished minis I had collected for the now defunct original project.

I hope to have something gameble  by fall of 2012, so I can run a game at Fall Recurits in Lee's Summit, MO.

Stay tuned, between now an the end of the year, I will be posting items I have finished, and am going to keep for this new incarnation.  I'll be bringing together some old posts from other sources.  Come Jan. 1, 2012, it will be all new content.

No comments:

Post a Comment